We're a friendly and knowledgeable firm here to help you. If you have any questions about probate or estate law in Colorado Springs, give us a call. We're happy to answer your questions or take care of your needs.
Michael D. Holder
Email: [email protected]
- Estate Planning
- Ancillary Probate
- Real Estate
- Commercial Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Charitable Giving
Admitted: 1975, Colorado
Law School: Stetson University, J.D.
- El Paso County (Member, Probate Section)
- The Colorado Bar Associations
- Trusts and Estates Section
- Chair, 2004, 2005, 2006 Rules and Forms Committee
Born: Jacksonville, Florida, May 20, 1947
Michael D. Holder was born in Jacksonville, Florida on May 20, 1947. He was admitted to the Colorado and United States bars, in October of 1975. He graduated from University of California at Irvine in 1972 with a degree in Philosophy, and took his law degree (Juris Doctor) from Stetson University, in St Petersburg, Florida, where he studied extensively Estates and Trusts, Future Interests in Real Estate Titles, and the Uniform Commercial Code. For a year he suspended his law practice to manage the trust department of a large bank, during its transition from "common trust funds" to mutual funds as the preferred method of managing moderate to small trust accounts.
- "Drafting Effective Contingent Remainder -or- Divorce My Kid and You're Out!," Colorado Bar Association, Trust and Estate Section Council Notes, December 2003;
- "Medical Secrecy, Powers of Attorney and the Web," El Paso County Bar Newsletter, February 2004;
- "How Charitable Trusts Work,"
- "New Unintended Results of Living Trusts -or- Divorce My Kid and You Win" The Origin of Modern Day Trusts,"
- "Are Estate Taxes Really a Dying Breed?"
- "How to Beat Estate Taxes,"
- "Non-Tax Uses of Trusts,"
- "Who's in Charge Here, Anyway?"
- "Legislature Gets Tainted View of Proposed Uniform Trust Code,"
- "The Great Financial Turf War: Bankers v. Brokers, Part I,"
- "The Great Financial Turf War: Bankers v. Brokers, Part II," Daily Transcript Newspaper, January - March 2004.
This offers estate planning services such as preparation of Wills and Trusts with sophisticated financial and tax planning, as well as high quality probate administration and litigation services. Mike Holder is an active participant in the Colorado Bar Association's Trust and Estates Section. He served for three years chair of the Rules and Forms Committee of that section, is an active member of the Trust and Estate Section's Statutory Revisions Committee, is currently the chair of its sub-committee for evaluation of the proposed Uniform Powers of Attorney Act, and is currently the chair of the Orange Book Forms Committee, which publishes an Estate Planning forms book through Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc. a nonprofit corporation associated with the Colorado Bar Association.
Mike is an avid golfer and enjoys NFL Football and March Madness. He also enjoys the study of art history and its reflection of our intellectual development.